This is a vacation rental agreement under the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law and include unique provisions permitting the disbursement of rent prior to tenancy and expedited eviction of tenants. Your signature on this agreement, or payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for vacation rental.
1. Nightly Minimums
4. Payments; Deposits
5. Security Deposit
6. Cancellations, Transfers, Forfeits; Penalty Fees
8. Check-In; Check Out
9. Property Access; parking
10. Directions; Key Information
12. Horses and Horse Trailers
14. Personal Items
15. Mechanical Failures/Repairs
17. Vacation Rental Agreement Statement
1. Nightly Minimums: Guests requesting midweek stays (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Night) are required a one night minimum length of stay. Weekend bookings consist of a two night minimum stay (Friday and Saturday Night). Holidays and special events (See rates page for detailed dates) require a 3 night minimum stay.
2. Occupancy: You must be at least 24 years of age to reserve a cabin. Our cabin has a maximum occupancy of 3 guests. Guests must restrict occupancy to this maximum (3) at all times or forfeit their stay. Our cabin property was created to provide a quiet atmosphere for our guests. Youth groups, fraternities, sororities or parties are NOT allowed. Green Creek Cabins, LLC does NOT rent to students or student groups, even if a parent or legal guardian has made the reservation and/or pays for the rental. If such a person or group attempts to occupy our rental property, ALL payment will be forfeited and guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately.
3. Rates: Our rates are based on an occupancy of 2 guests and may vary based on time of year. Currently, there are three rate categories: weekdays, weekend and holidays; with a moderate discount for weekly stays of 7 days or longer. Additional discounts are also available for returning guests. We do NOT charge a cabin cleaning fee, provided your cabin is left clean and orderly. All reservations incur a 6.75% NC Sales Tax and a 3% County Occupancy Tax in addition to the rental amount and fees. Green Creek Cabins, LLC is NOT responsible for the weather or other Acts of God and there will be no refunds for these occurrences. Purchasing trip insurance covers you from losses you may incur due to unforeseen circumstances, such as unexpected health issues, death, inclement weather, or jury duty. Trip Insurance is always a good idea. It is relatively inexpensive and readily available from numerous vendors on the internet.
4. Payments/Deposits: If your reservation is made greater than 31 days in advance, your credit card will be charged 50% of the total amount of the reservation and the remainder of the total amount will be charged 31 days prior to your arrival date. If your reservation is made within 31 days of your arrival date, your credit card will be charged the full amount of the reservation total at the time your reservation is made. Once the reservation is paid in full, we will e-mail you the directions for your cabin as well as our direct phone number. Please give us a call if you have any questions or concerns once enroute. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
5. Security/Damage Deposit. We require a security/damage deposit of $250.00. This deposit ensures that our rental cabin is left in the condition in which it was found when you arrive. The security deposit is not charged unless there is loss or damage to the rental cabin during your stay. However, tenants will be financially responsible for any and all damages to the property or its contents up and beyond the security/damage deposit. Honesty is always the best policy. Please tell us if any losses or damages have occurred during your stay.
6. Cancellations, Transfers, Forfeits, and Penalty Fees: If cancellation is made 31/+ days in advance of arrival, the full rental deposit will be refunded, less a $50.00 cancellation fee. If cancellation is made 30-15 days in advance of arrival, a 50% rental cancellation fee will be applied. If cancellation is made 14-0 days in advance, a 100% rental cancellation fee will be applied. In the event you must cancel your reservation within 30 days or less, please notify us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to re-rent the property for your original dates. If we re-rent your property, all monies minus the $50.00 cancellation fee will be returned within 45 days after re-booking. If after a reasonable effort, we are unable to re-rent the property, the 50% or 100% rental payment (which ever applies) will be forfeited. Our payment policy is to charge the amount of the reservation total to the credit card on file 31 days prior to your arrival date. If the remaining amount cannot be charged to the card on file, we will make every reasonable effort to contact the guest on file to complete the payment process. If we cannot reach the guest on file within 21 days before the arrival date, and the remaining amount still cannot be charged to the credit card on file, then all rental payments made to that point in time will be forfeited, and the reservation cancelled. Transfers (subletting) to third parties are NOT permitted. Our management may request a photo ID of the reserving party (matching the credit card used for reservation). The reserving party whose credit card was used must be a member of the party that stays in the cabin and provide their credit card and identification upon request. If a guest is disappointed or unsatisfied with a cabin due to differences in taste according to decor, accommodations, location, etc. and declines to stay at the cabin, this will be considered a cancellation and no rent reduction or refund will be issued. No adjustments or refunds will be issued for early departures. If the property is not vacated by 12:00AM on check-out day, Green Creek Cabins, LLC is authorized to remove guest belongings from the property at guests expense. In addition, a late check-out fee of $35.00 plus tax will be charged to the credit card on file. If the check-out procedures are not followed as posted in the cabin and extra cleaning is deemed necessary, a cleaning fee of $50.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If the check-in/out inventory does not coincide with the amenities found in the cabin after the cabin is vacated, the cost for replacing all missing items will be charged to the credit card on file. Pets and smoking inside the cabin are strictly prohibited. No firearms of any kind are permitted on our property. If this policy is violated, all monies will be forfeited and guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately. Maximum occupancy violations will result in all monies will be forfeited and guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately. Any group wishing to occupy the cabin or utilize the premises is required to coordinate their visit with Green Creek Cabins, LLC. If such a group attempts to occupy our rental property without prior coordination, all monies will be forfeited and guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately.
7. Pets/Smoking: For the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests, we do NOT allow smoking inside our cabins. Some cabins are available with pets, please contact us about renting with pets.
8. Check-In and Check-Out. Check-in is at 3:00PM. Check-out is at 12:00AM. If the property is not vacated by 12:00 AM, Green Creek Cabins, LLC is authorized to remove guestís belongings from the property at guestís expense. In addition, a late check-out fee $35.00 plus tax will be charged to the credit card on file. A limited number of early check-ins or late departures are offered for those guests with special arrival/departure needs. Please advise us when making your reservation if you require an early check-in or late check-out. The cost is $35.00 plus tax per option. You will be notified if we are unable to accommodate your request for these special services so you can plan your travel time accordingly.
9. Property Access and Parking: The entrance to the cabin is a 100 foot long gravel driveway. While this may be slightly daunting to some motorcyclists, we welcome motorcycles as avid riders ourselves. We have tried to preserve as much of the natural beauty of the property. Our cabin is not handicap accessible and requires some climbing of steps. We therefore, do not recommend renting our cabin if you are wheelchair bound or physically unable to climb steps. We do not offer refunds if you choose to disregard this information.
10. Directions and Key Information: Green Creek Cabins, LLC will provide detailed check-in procedures, including property directions. This information will be sent via email one (1) week prior to your arrival. Please contact us if you do not receive this information.
11. Amenities: Our cabin is fully furnished (including linens, towels, bedding, toilet paper) and has a fully equipped kitchen (including dishwashing soap, sponges, paper towels, napkins, garbage bags, along with general cleaning supplies). Guests will be provided a check-in/out inventory of all items.Our cabin does not provide telephone service. Also, due to the location of our property, cell phone service is not guaranteed.
12. Horses, horse trailers: We offer parking for rigs and horse trailers in a designated area
by the barn.
13. Cleaning: Our cabin is professionally cleaned before you arrive. Please report, within 30 minutes of your arrival, anything we may have failed to clean. We do not charge a cabin cleaning fee and ask that you please leave any beds used during your stay unmade and put any wet towels in the tub upon departure. Any linens or towels found missing from your stay, will result in a charge to your credit card for reasonable replacement costs. For multiple week stays, light weekly housekeeping can be arranged during your stay at an extra cost. Guests are responsible for cleaning and storing all dishes, utensils, and removing all trash to the appropriate outside container in the rear of the cabin. Tenant agrees to pay a cleaning fee of $50.00 if check-out procedures are not followed and extra time is needed for our staff to clean.
14. Personal Items: Green Creek Cabins, LLC is NOT responsible for guests personal belongings that are lost, stolen or left behind. We will however be happy to make a reasonable search for items a guest believes they may have left behind. If found, item(s) will be returned at the guestís expense.
15. Mechanical Failures/Repairs: Green Creek Cabins, LLC is not responsible for mechanical failures of non-essential or luxury items, including, but not limited to, Air Conditioning, or any other appliance that fails to operate properly during your stay. No refunds will be issued for minor disruption of any utilities including, but not limited to, power outages, water outages, etc. These failures are beyond our control and no refund or rent adjustment will be given. Please report inoperative equipment to Green Creek Cabins, LLC and we will make every effort to have repairs done as quickly as possible during reasonable hours. Speed of service cannot be guaranteed.
16. Accidents: Guests agree to hold Green Creek Cabins, LLC and its agents blameless for any accident or injury whatsoever that may occur in the rental cabin or on the surrounding property during occupancy or visit. NOTE: Parents are also strongly advised to supervise children when they are outside and/or near the stream.For equestrians, please take note of the warning sign from the state of NC, posted on our website and barn.
17. Vacation Rental Agreement Statement: This vacation rental agreement is a legally binding agreement under the North Carolina vacation rental act. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law and include unique provisions permitting the disbursement of rent prior to tenancy and expedited eviction of tenants. This agreement binds you to a specific property for a specific time. If a problem arises during your stay, every effort will be taken, within reason, to resolve the issue. Your verbal authorization at time of reservation, your signature on this agreement, payment of money, and/or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property as a vacation rental.
Thank you for choosing Green Creek Cabins, LLC. We appreciate your acceptance of these conditions and terms of agreement. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.